Thursday, January 28, 2010

I broke my f'in foot!

Well, actually I'm not sure if I broke it. Remember that clicking in my toe I was bitching about a few posts ago? No? Well then you should pay closer attention because I was, in fact, whining like a little girl. So here's the scoop and what I think happened. Months and months ago I was on my boat, and jumped down onto a wooden dock. It's possible that there was some alcohol involved, and that I landed all wonky on my right foot. So... I hobbled around for a few days until it felt better and didn't think about it again. Until now. So this clicking thing started in my toe a few weeks ago. Then, a few days ago when I was doing my 10k TT on the treadmill with the incline, it really started to hurt. And I mean hurt. The last 10 min of that run were excruciating. But even afterward I was fine walking around on it, until I got home and took my shoe off. I took one step forward and almost folded onto the ground. It got a little better over the next day, but every time I walk around without the support of a shoe it feels like I have a broken piece of glass at the base of the toe, where it connects to that jumble of bones in the forefoot. Very odd because when I am wearing a shoe it is barely noticeable. Anyway, I'm seeing the sports medicine witch-doctor guy tomorrow and will let you know what the diagnosis is.

3 comments:

  1. Mike, I hope it's nothing serious - my stress fracture was in my toe and you wouldn't think that a toe could cause so much trouble!!! fingers crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow Mike. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget