Monday, May 17, 2010

Busy weekend

Sat- Deadlift 1/2 bodyweight 30X, then 1000m row for time (3:34)

Sun- Swim 8x100 on 4 min rest. Times: 1:27, 1:22, 1:23, 1:23, 1:25, 1:23, 1:25, 1:27.  Immediately after the swim I pedaled over to the gym for workout #2: 21 KB swings (35#), 42 situps, 84 squats, 2X, for time. Total time 7:05 (I think it would have been a bit faster, but there was a little extra transition time as my gym is not exactly set up for this)

I think I ate something on Sun morning that didn't agree with me, so the entire Sun workout almost didn't happen. That said, I'm happy with the swim times- pretty sure I've never gone quite this fast before. Inside 5 weeks to race day- nerves are starting to build...

2 comments:

  1. Great time on the swim and deadlift/row combo Mike. I was just thinking about the nerves today and that they are starting for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - you did do the 8x100's! I must have missed the blog! You held some solid times as well! Great job on all your workouts...i know the feeling about nerves, but you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget