Friday, March 5, 2010

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

*ETA*- I was gently reminded that I should probably mention my lovely wife, who is also using a crossfit based IM plan, did the workout with me.  She said it was the best part of my day, and that I really enjoyed the together time. :-D

Animal House. One of the best movies of all time. Just thought I'd mention it.

Did my 4 x 5K intervals on the trainer yesterday as ordered. 5 min warm-up plus .3 cool down after each interval to make it a nice round number to start the next set from (I'm simple that way). Finished in 44:35.

Ever have that moment where you look at the workout and think to yourself "This one isn't so bad". Yeah, I'm learning to fear those moments. 400m run + 20 burpees, 4 rounds for time. Not so bad. Heh.  So, I slowly ran on my somewhat recovered foot down to The Mall (roughly 1.5 mi) as the warm up. Ran the first 400 in about 83 sec, did my 20 burpees, and went to run my next 400. Yeah, not quite as fast. No idea how fast it was, but it wasn't fast. On burpee #10 of the second set I began cursing all things x-fit. On the 3rd 400 I actually ran a bit with my eyes closed because it just seemed easier than keeping them open (might have saved 1/2 a calorie of energy there). On the 3rd set of burpees my legs felt like cement. The 4th run was excruciating and more of a shuffle. Not sure I even remember the last set of burpees. Total time 14:40. Walked up Capitol Hill and then slowly ran the mile back home as a cool down..

So... this was my first run since testing the foot a couple of days ago. I have no idea what to make of this. Clearly I can run on it without pain. It just doesn't feel right. Out of nowhere it will make an uncomfortable "click" inside, almost like a subluxation (sp) of some random bone I didn't even know I had, and then be fine again. Post run I was experiencing a burning sensation, almost like a sunburn, but from the inside of the foot. But it doesn't hurt- it just feels weird. Grr...


No comments:

Post a Comment