Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Foot of Woe

Foot is still jacked. I went out to do my 13.1 mi run last night and was fine through about mile 3. Then I started to feel that familiar burning sensation somewhere inside the hoof. By mile 4 it was pretty pronounced, and by mile 5 it downright hurt and the change in my gait was making my knee hurt as well. By the time I got to the top of Capitol Hill (mile 5.6 of the run) I called the quits and opted to save it for another day. Total time for the 5.6 was about 48min, roughly an 8:30 pace (including my 10 min warm-up mile, which put the remaining 4.6 closer to 8 min miles. Not too shabby for me). Earliest Dr. appointment I could get is next Monday morning. Until then, lots of ice and stretching. And biking and swimming and...

No comments:

Post a Comment